Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog.  I live with my wife and three kids (hence the name Dad to the Third Power) in northern Kentucky.  I am in my fourth year of teaching high school math and love every minute of it...most of the time.  I have taught several different topics over the years being: Honors Algebra 1.5, Algebra 2, Geometry, Pre-calculus 1, math for business, transitional algebra, and intervention.  I have taught algebra 2 the most and in the state of Kentucky that is a large task all in itself.  For those that are unfamiliar with it the state testing in Kentucky is done by what we call End of Course Assessments (EOC's).  There are four courses that have these EOC's; they are Algebra 2, Biology, US History, and English 2 (sophomores).  Over the next few weeks I will talk more about EOC's and planning for state testing.  I plan on using this blog to discuss the ends and outs I come across while teaching, everything from failures and struggles of teaching to success and the joys of teaching.  I'm looking forward to this and hope you can take a little something away from my little teaching corner of the world.  Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment